5.28.2012

Dagger Card with Dr. Sonia

Sharing from my friend Dr Sonia




Hi this is Dr Sonia sharing a fun interactive card and template. Thank You so much Beckie for this guest post opportunity--you are such a dear !
Dagger Shaped card
I designed this dagger shaped card using the scorpal ! It was fun and surprisingly easy to make!
Dagger Shaped card
I used pearls and  golden brads to glamorize the handle of the dagger shaped card.On pulling the handle of the dagger, it slides out of the sheath to reveal a golden glittery blade.
Dagger Shaped card
I used 3 D holographic shiny paper for the dagger blade.On the other side I used  wood colored paper recycled from an old wedding card.Added a Happy birthday greeting on the dagger inside the card !
Dagger Shaped card
I actually created the dagger shaped card by playing around with my scorpal but the tutorial for that is too lengthy and boring so designed a simple template for the dagger shaped card.
Shaped Card Template
Make the dagger with thick card [or stick 2 card pieces together] as other wise it will be floppy  when you draw it out.  Bend the tabs of the sheath inwards, apply glue and stick to complete the sheath of the dagger shaped card.
This card  will be a fun card for party invitations and birthdays.
Thank You so much Beckie ...I hope both you and your readers will like this fun card!

8 comments:

Arcy Scraps said...

Awesome project! I just LOVE all of the paper you used!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I was really worried why you hadnt posted.My email is also acting weird these days! Glad its all worked out fine!

Heather Lynn said...

wow! that's so cute!! love that idea!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow! What a unique card! Great job and thanks for the details! Congrats on being asked to post a creation!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Rosie said...

cool awesome card!!! im going to have to scraplift this one for my daughter to make for her bf

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is just so creative and fabulous, Sonia!! You did an amazing job, as always!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jessica Buffa said...

Wow, Sonia, you always have such unique ideas. Blessed to be inspired by you! Love this card!
:O)
Jessica S

CraftyJAR said...

This is really pretty. Sonia is so talented she uses the most interesting designs for her card.
Judy